Dr. Lasser obtained his undergraduate degree from the Pennsylvania State University. He went on to obtain his medical degree from Rutgers University – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2006, graduating with an award for excellence in surgery and as a member of the prestigious honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. Dr. Lasser trained at Brown University for his general surgery internship and residency in urologic surgery. After residency, Dr. Lasser completed additional training in robotic urologic surgery and minimally invasive urologic surgery at Montefiore Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.
Prior to joining Premier Urology Group Dr. Lasser served as the Medical Director of Robotic Surgery at Jersey Shore University Medical Center. Dr. Lasser is board certified in Urology and in addition to robotic surgery is well trained in all aspects of urologic care.
Dr. Lasser has written chapters in urologic textbooks as well as published online. He has presented multiple papers and abstracts at both regional and international meetings. Additionally, he has published papers on the management of complications of urologic surgery, robotic surgery, and the treatment of kidney cancer, prostate cancer, and kidney stones. He has been named the Medical Director of Robotic Surgery at JFK Medical Center.
Titles & Awards
- Medical Director of Robotic Surgery – JFK Medical Center (current)
- Medical Director of Robotic Surgery – Jersey Shore University Medical Center (2012-2015)
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Excellence in Surgery Award (2006)
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Robert Wood Johnson Lester H Lager Academic Scholarship
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical School Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society