Dr. Benjamin Fand completed his undergraduate degree at Princeton University. He received his doctor of medicine from Rutgers Medical School, New Jersey. He then went on to his urologic internship and residency at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York. Additionally, he underwent urological oncology surgical training at Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York City.
Board certified in Urology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Fand joined our team at Urological Surgical Associates in 1984. Dr. Fand’s area of surgical specialty interest includes prostate cancer therapy with the implantation of intraprostatic radioactive seeds, stone disease surgical therapies and minimally invasive treatments of BPH including Laser Prostatectomy.
Dr. Fand also serves as an executive board member of the NJ Patient CARE and access coalition, as a member of the board of directors at the New Jersey Kidney Stone Center and as a managing partner of the Premier Urology Group. He was a sub-investigator for a national clinical trial on chemo-prevention monitoring the progression of prostatic intra-epithelial neoplasia (PIN) to prostate cancer.
Special areas of interest include:
- Prostate Cancer – Implantation of radioactive seeds for prostate cancer
- Stone disease
- Minimally Invasive treatment of BPH, Laser prostatectomy
Titles & Awards
- NY Section AUA Executive Board Member (NJ Representative)
- NJPCAC Board of Directors Member
- New Jersey Kidney Stone Treatment Center Operating Committee Member
- Managing Partner & Executive Board Representative, Urological Surgical Associates division, Premier Urology Group